I used to think Houston was a boring place until I discovered its many art gallaries, museums, theaters, parks, dancing places, restaurants, lecture series, and so many more. There is never a shortage of fun and free things to do in this city with family and stay within budget. Once in while, if you want to indulge, a walk on Washington, the new up and coming part of Midtown, you will be introduced to so many different bars with quirky names. Here are a few things or sites that show you what’s going on in Houston.
- Restaurant Week starts on August 1 to August 31, 2011
- Museum Day starts on September 17, 2011 – the cost is free.
- Shakespear Festival is happening NOW at the Miller Outdoor Theater – the cost is free.
- And, just in case you can’t do any of these things, these amazing websites will show you what’s happening in our great city.
- Houstononthecheap.com – the name says it all.
- Artshound.com – a calendar site for all Houston events. It’s getting bigger because more organizations are working with Artshound
- Culturemap.com – it is almost like Houston Press with an edgier tone, I guess. 🙂
Enjoy the summer and stay cool.