- Form a cooking co-op – I don’t think this will work for me as I’m a bit picky of what I eat and I eat way too much for anyone to be willing to be in a co-op with me.
- Find free entertainment – I will share how I do this on 1/14/11. A friend of mine is always amazed at how I can find free events around town.
- Use the public library – I’m a regular (unfortunately, I don’t actually read the books I checked out. That’s irony. Haha)
- Bargain shop I can do more here but cutting coupons, shopping for sale items, eating out at half price are my things.
- Communicate cheaply Use services like Skype or Facebook to stay in touch for free or low costs. When I was in India, I called my mom at least once a day for 20 minutes for 10 cents using Skype.
- Weatherize the house
- Raise the deductibles I cut my insurance by $100 by doing this.
- Time the vacationsThis is my biggest downfall. I am DETERMINED to not travel this year. (Well, except for that one vacation ….hehe)
- Negotiate Not yet done.
For more details, go here.